Junk Mail / Advertising / Catalogs / Phonebooks / Newspapers / Telemarketing
Stop the Pointless Waste! It's easy and free to stop unwanted mail, phonebooks, and newspapers. If unwanted, these are simply a pointless conversion of trees, energy, water, ink and chemicals into recycling or trash.
- Catalogs / Junk Mail / Coupons – Visit CatalogChoice.org – an awesome service!
- First, read "How It Works" and open a free account.
- Catalogs, junk mail – Enter a company name (or browse the list), then enter information from the mailing label (like "Customer Number") and CatalogChoice makes the opt-out request.
- Redplum (loose weekly coupon/ad packets) – Fill out this form.
- Val-U-Ads (blue coupon/ad book) – Fill out this form.
- Note: CatalogChoice merged with TrustedID who offers a paid identity theft protection service, but the mail opt-out service is still free.
- Phonebooks – Type in your zipcode at CatalogChoice.org and/or yellowpagesoptout.com.
- Credit Card "firm offers" – Opt out at OptOutPrescreen.com.
- Free Local Newspapers – Look in the paper or on their website for opt-out information. If none is found, send the Circulation Director your address and opt-out request.
- National Do-Not-Call Registry ("no telemarketers" list) – Visit donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222.
Further Reading – This article describes four mail opt-out methods. The two not described above are for getting off of Direct Marketing lists: DMAchoice.org and DirectMail.com. I can't vouch for these personally because I haven't used or needed them, but others may get more junk mail that CatalogChoice can't handle.